I wish I had taken a photo of how this turned out, but I wasn’t really banking on it being FREAKING DELICIOUS. I just sort of threw together ingredients I had about the kitchen, and it must have been an inspired moment. This is what made last night for dinner:
Potato Frittata on Ciabatta Bread with Easy Aioli Sauce
2 large russet potatoes
6 eggs, beaten
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ C Sharp cheddar cheese
1 ½ T mayonnaise
½ of a large lemon
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 Ciabatta rolls or large pieces of bread
Tomato slices (optional but highly suggested)
Preheat oven to 450.
1. In a large skillet or pan and on medium-high heat, place a layer of potatoes down in 1 tablespoon of your olive oil. Cook until golden brown, turn, and repeat on the other side. Put potatoes on plate with paper towel to drain off the oil. Repeat this process until all of the potatoes are cooked.
2. Layer all the potatoes into the skillet and turn the heat up to high. Add the other tablespoon of oil. Pour eggs over the potatoes, tipping the skillet so that the eggs run under the potatoes.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the egg is almost cooked all the way through. When it gets to this point, carefully ease the frittata onto a large plate. Turn it over onto the skillet. Cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and set aside.
5. Mix mayo, lemon juice, and garlic together.
6. Drizzle mixture onto sliced Ciabatta rolls and place in oven for 6 minutes.
7. Portion frittata and place on rolls. Top with tomato slices. Serve open face.